Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our first fiesta....

Today was a great day! Makayla woke up very weak but after getting some liquids and some food in her, she was a completely new person! It was amazing and I was so thankful because I didn't feel so great today. I've been battling this head cold and have had a throbbing headache for the past 6 days. Finally I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist gave me something...I am not sure what it is and I am certain I overpaid, but after the first dose, I felt 110% better! It was a wonder drug and I am so glad she gave it to me :) I felt so much better just after 30 minutes.

And it is a good thing too because the girls and I had a baby shower to go to this afternoon. We all had an awesome time and I was able to meet some new people and reconnect with some people I had met on our last trip two years ago. I think the girls really enjoyed getting out of the condo and being out in the open air :) The shower was on the roof of a restaurant right on the beach...absolutely beautiful!

While we were at the shower, the boys and Joel went to the property and met the old property manager, Doug. He took Joel all around the property and explained how things work and the best way to take care of things. I know that Joel appreciated the insight :) Then they got some surfing in while they waiting for us to finish.

After the shower, we all went to dinner in town at a little restaurant called Jaco Rustico. It is a great little place with awesome Tican food and the best fruit drinks in town! It was a favorite of mine and Joel's the last time we were here....we ate there every day :) The more we ate there, the cheaper the plates became :) That's the way things work around here. We had told the kids about it so many times so it was neat to finally take them to eat there.

We are all pretty tired tonight and I am hoping we can turn in early. We are getting much more used to our little condo and sleeping in such close quarters but we still haven't had a good, uninterrupted night's sleep.....so I am praying for one tonight, I know we can all use it.

Here are some pics of the shower :)


Hannah is due in March.

Bella played one of the games...and won!

All of the ladies...everything was beautiful!

All of the gifts.

The adorable quilt that April made for baby Mikayla.

A Dios sea la gloria!
Kelley (& Joel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment