Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A day in the sun

Today, after school work was done, we packed up the kiddos and headed to Playa Hermosa. It is only about a 10 minute drive around the mountain. The kids had a blast in the water and we had the whole beach to ourselves :) It was the first time the girls and I had been in the water since we got here a week ago. It is crazy to think that a week has gone by already. Jaco is becoming a little more familiar each day yet it still feels like a totally different world! It was a very nice relaxing day!

Here are some pictures of our beach day.


Bella and Josh playing in the surf.

Joel and JD hanging out. This "lean to" was already on the beach when we got there....so we borrowed it for a while :)


The kiddos digging for hermit crabs.

Makayla and I.....I thought I should include a picture of me every now and then just so that people know I am actually on this trip :)

After our beach trip, Makayla started not feeling great again and didn't really eat dinner. She did perk up after eating a little and getting some medicine. Please pray that she is not relapsing and the fever will not come back. JD is still battling a stuffy head but I am sure after a few more surf sessions, that will wash right out :) I am feeling much better...those wonder pills did their job!

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day...not my favorite activity...and it is more so here because we have to shop twice a week because we don't have any room for more food than a few days worth :) Our meals are pretty much the same...food is very expensive here! We have been told that in San Jose food is cheaper because they have more than 2 grocery stores so the prices are a bit more competitive. We'll have to look into that....or just cut down to 2 meals a day :) Yeah right with a teenager and a pre-teen...I think not!!

Well, that's it for today. We have friends that we met here two years ago flying in in a few days. They live in Moorhead City but we never get to see them so we are looking forward to seeing them for a few weeks while they are here :) It cracks me up that we live 2 hours apart but have to meet in Jaco to hang out!

I was asked to lead the Ladies' Bible Study next Monday night. I will be teaching on Romans 13:8-14. I am excited about having this opportunity to share with these ladies :) Please pray that I will be able to clearly share what God has laid on my heart.

A Dios sea la gloria!
Kelley (& Joel)





No comments:

Post a Comment