Saturday, January 22, 2011

Isaiah 26:3

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you"

I am leaning very heavily on this verse today. We have been here for 4 days now and I have felt sick on and off since Wednesday morning, JD has had headaches for 3 days, and now this morning, Makayla woke up with a headache and a fever. I really wish that I could say that despite all of this, I am doing well...but that is not the case today :( I am feeling very worn down and worn out. I didn't expect that this trip wouldn't have it's "hiccups", but I guess I didn't think they'd come so soon :( I know I sound like I am complaining.....and I am....I just need prayer today for my nerves and for healing for the kids and myself. Thankfully Joel, Joshua, and Bella don't seem to be sick and I pray that it stays that way.

I know that God has a perfectly good reason for things being this way and I know that there are lessons to be learned in even this. Please pray with me today that Joel and I will be able to look beyond all of the stresses of this moment and try to see the big picture.

I will give a better update later when I am not feeling so blah...

A Dios sea la gloria!
Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend, I feel your pain! We have had 3 now with fevers, coughs, and feeling blah since Wed. I took Anna Slay to the doc Fri. after 3 days of on again off again fevers, and a nasty cough. I was surprised when her flu test came back positive! We never get the flu!

    Benjamin was next, and then Samuel woke this morning with a fever. It seems that lots of rest and fluids are the best medicine. We will pray for you all to be well and enjoying your trip soon! We love you guys!

    Love,

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete