Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Are we there yet????"

Patience has never been my strong suit....having said that I like to think that over the years I have learned to become more patient. Having 4 children has brought about levels of patience in myself that I never thought were possible! Home schooling those 4 children has revealed levels of patience that I did not even know existed! Yet here I am, dealing with impatience again.
So what am I so impatitent about? We have been home from Costa Rica for about 2 months. I have been busy with the kids' schooling and the every day things in life that seem to take up my time. We have also been getting a presentation ready to present to our Mission Committee at church....that was major work!!! Yet during it all, my mind keeps wondering "when are we going to be able to leave?" I feel like I am 6 years old again sitting in the back of my parent's car asking "are we there yet????" Don't get me wrong...I am not in a hurry to leave the friends and family we have here...just thinking about it makes me sad. I am just anxious to begin our new journey. We have spent so much time praying and talking about it, looking at the pictures over and over again, it already feels like home. So, in a way, I am homesick.
I keep going over Philippians 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." So, every time I start to feel that little girls voice asking "are we there yet????" I pray and ask God to provide the people, who He has already ordained, to support us financially. Because that is what it will take to get us there. And because He is good and always keeps His word, I have total peace about it.
I'm still working on the patience thing though....

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new design of the blog! I really like the header up there -- very creative!

    ReplyDelete